How to Find a Personal Trainer Near Me
One of the many ways people decide to get back into shape or stay in shape is to hire a personal trainer. These fitness professionals apply their expertise and insight on training, nutrition and lifestyle to help you get in shape, however, it can be difficult finding a perfect personal trainer near where you live. Every person is different, so below we will provide you with every factor you’ll need to take into consideration to find the right local personal trainer.
Choosing the Right Personal Trainer Near Me
What Are Your Fitness Goals?
In order to find a nearby personal trainer, you must first examine what your personal fitness goals are. Since nutrition is a majority of the battle, you’ll have to incorporate some kind of dedicated diet regimen in order to reach those goals. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle, train for a marathon or just feel better about yourself, make sure the personal trainer of your choice has expertise in that area.
What Are Qualities of a Good Personal Trainer?
After examining your goals and finding a trainer that matches up to those goals, your next step should be sitting down and talking with that trainer. This sit down will tell you what kind of positive qualities he or she has and how they mesh with you. Here are some of the qualities you should look for during your initial conversation:
- Listens to your story and asks any questions regarding past issues with injuries, conditions and exercise experience.
- Asks about your nutrition, as it is the most important part.
- Do they practice what they preach? In other words, do they maintain a healthy lifestyle themselves?
- Specifically, talk about their expertise and how that will help you reach the fitness goals you’ve described.
- Set realistic and attainable expectations for you.
What Are Qualities of a Bad Personal Trainer?
You should also be looking for signs of a bad personal trainer. Look for these warning signs of a bad trainer:
- If their routine isn’t catered to your goals and is either full of unnecessary, complex workouts and/or is the same routine he or she provides to all clients.
- If they have only obtained a basic certification and is the extent of their education.
- Trainers should be focused on your results, not focused on just scheduling the next session to keep your money coming in.
- At the end of the day they work for you, so they should be giving you constant updates on your form, encouraging you and getting you to reach milestones in your fitness plan.
What Certifications Should Personal Trainers Have?
Most trainers you will come across have graduated from college in exercise science, kinesiology or another related field, but they shouldn’t end their education there. A sign of a good trainer is having additional certifications as well as other credibility indicators. The most popular training certifications you should look for are NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ACE and Crossfit. These certifications are important to look out for, but you must keep in mind that it still does not guarantee they are necessarily a good trainer.
What is the Cost of Personal Trainers?
The cost of a personal trainer varies amongst their expertise and the gym they work out of, but in general, trainers aren’t cheap. While they may be on the expensive side, the benefits of using a personal trainer are invaluable. It will cost more than the average monthly gym membership but it’s well worth it when you see yourself smashing every goal in your fitness program. You’ll be amazed where a little extra encouragement and guidance will bring you.
Personal Training in Fairfield, New Jersey
In New Jersey, there is no better personal trainer near you than the trainers at JD Core Training in Fairfield, NJ. They offer a wide range of individualized fitness programs, which include options such as personal training, athletic performance training or group training. If interested, please feel free to contact us to sign up today and become committed to the core!